Your happiness is at the top of our list. If you don’t love what you ordered online, we’ll be happy to accept your return and issue a refund - you’ll then be on your way to placing a new order in no time. All product purchased online can be returned to our warehouse or in your local Stein Mart store.
Return To Our Customer Service Center
Easy Returns (Pre-Paid Return Shipping)
Your invoice includes a pre-paid, pre-addressed label (located at the bottom of the invoice) for you to use on your return package. Shipping costs paid on the order will only be refunded if the item(s) received are defective, damaged, mis-shipped, short-shipped, or if your shipment contains a different item or color than what was ordered. Please be advised that only items purchased online may be returned via the mail. If you wish to return a store bought item, you must return it to a standing Stein Mart Location. To receive credit for a return, items must be returned within 60 days of purchase.
- Please select a return reason code from the list provided on the original packing slip and write it next to the item you are returning. Enclose this packing slip in your return package.
- Pack the item(s) securely in the original product packaging, if possible. All products must be returned in good condition, to ensure full credit.
- Affix the pre-paid, pre-addressed label from the bottom of the invoice (or email if applicable) to your package - before sending your return shipment, please remove all extra labels from the outside of the package.
- Drop your package off at any UPS Store, UPS Drop Box, Office Depot or Staples Location. A $7.50 fee will be deducted from your refund for use of the label.
- You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used to pay for your order; for orders paid for with a physical gift card, a new card will be mailed to you in the amount of your refund.
- Credit for gift returns will be issued to the original purchaser.
Standard Return Shipping
This method applies to orders where your invoice did not include a pre-paid label or you would prefer to use your own shipping method:
All return shipping charges must be prepaid. We cannot accept C.O.D. deliveries. It is recommended that you use UPS or Insured Parcel Post for your return. Follow standard shipping instructions above and send to the following address:
Stein Mart Returns
3379 Joseph Martin Highway
Martinsville, VA 24112
Keep the Return Tracking Number for your return package to monitor delivery status. To receive credit, items must be returned within 60 days of purchase. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used to pay for your order; for orders paid for with a physical gift card, a new card will be mailed to you in the amount of your refund. Credit for gift returns will be issued to the original purchaser.
Returns to Store
Items purchased online can be returned to any Stein Mart store within 60 days of the invoice date. Bring your invoice and the unused merchandise with tags still attached to a Stein Mart store for a refund. Without your invoice, you will receive a store credit equal to the current selling price
Other Return Information
Damaged or Defective Items
If your item is received damaged or defective, or it is the wrong item, color or size, please call Stein Mart Customer Care immediately. Please have your order number and shipping address available.
Exchanging Online Purchases
You may not exchange items purchased at SteinMart.com via the mail. If you would like to exchange your purchase for another item, follow the appropriate Return Instructions and then place as a new order. You may, however, return items purchased online to any Stein Mart store location. For additional assistance, please contact Stein Mart Customer Care to receive detailed instructions on making an exchange.
Are shipping charges refundable?
Shipping charges will only be refunded if item being returned is defective, damaged, mis-shipped or short-shipped, different item or color than what was ordered.
Gift returns made via mail, are credited to the original form of payment used for the order, minus any shipping and handling and gift wrap fees. Gift returns made in Stein Mart retail store locations that are accompanied by a packing slip, can be credited to the original form of payment, exchanged for a new purchase or issued store credit. Gift returns using our pre-paid return shipping label, will be credited minus the $7.50 return shipping fee.
Occasionally, orders or parts of an order are cancelled by our system for various reasons. Some reasons are:
- The item(s) are not available.
- Your payment information could not be verified.
- The shipping address could not be verified.
If your order is cancelled, you will receive an important notice regarding your order via email, which will explain the reason for the cancellation. You will not be billed for any cancelled items.